aMenas coisas

sexta-feira, 17 de abril de 2009

O Sexo e a Cidade

Escrevi o texto abaixo há um ano, antes de me mudar de Nova York para Nova Guiné. Mas lembrei que, segundo Umberto Eco, as notícias não são necessariamente perecíveis e Sex and the City nunca sai de moda... Então, resolvi publicá-lo como a minha mais recente obra descoberta no "Itens Enviados" do Gmail.


I don’t care…

…That I’m a journalist, have black framed glasses and am supposed to say that watching “Sex and the City – The movie” was as painful as turning on the TV during the final week of American Idol.

…That Carrie Bradshaw’s big flower dress was the same one Whitney Houston used in a performance in the 90’s.

…And that the names “Gucci”, “Prada”, “Dior”, “Manolo Blahnik”, “Louis Vuitton” and their buddies were shining more than Manhattan at night during the whole picture.

…That I went alone to watch the film because my boyfriend preferred to go to an Iron Maiden’s concert.

… And that Time Out magazine shut the girls up with a silver tape on the cover of the 659th edition as a protest. NO, I’m not tired of hearing about Sex and the City. When I needed to use the bathroom during the screening, I went running not to miss too many scenes - just like the fellow ladies that were watching the same session I was. (Did that happen to you, too? See!). Because we care about Carrie, Samantha, Miranda and Charlotte. Any problem? Good.

1 Comentários:

Às 27 de abril de 2009 às 07:00 , Anonymous Anônimo disse...

we care so much!
love them.

 

Postar um comentário

Assinar Postar comentários [Atom]

<< Página inicial